Tuesday, July 3, 2012

It looks much better with the new trim....

I got an offer to buy the RH stainless trim plate for the machine from a member at www.soda-machines.com  I got it installed and put back together tonight....I had to take the liner on the back side of the door part of the way off to get to the nuts on the trim piece before i could put the new trim plate in place.....Like most old liners some of the holes where the screws went thru were busted....Luckily nothing that shows too bad after I got it all back together.....To hold the liner in place where it was busted I made a long washer out of a hack saw blade...I just marked where to drill holes in it and it worked like a charm.  This has been the hardest thing so far on this restro.....Mental note if I ever have to take this one or any other off go ahead and save up for a replacement liner.

I still have not made up my mind if I'm gonna do anything about the holes in the new trim...I may use a coke vendor badge or...? Any ideas....?

I now need a key/lock installed in the coin door and fix some of the dents....and keep cleaning....Not sure that will ever be done.






No comments:

Post a Comment