Friday, March 31, 2017

Wednesday, March 29, 2017

It's almost back together....

Still got to hook the spring back up and shake out any bugs...Hope to make the local Saturday night car show on the square....


Sunday, March 19, 2017

Spring has sprung....

The drivers side trailing arm installed....Toe and camber set. Time for spring...It was a beautiful weekend and I got lots done....Spring is in and the calipers are painted. I'm still shooting to get it back on the road by April 1st.


Thursday, March 16, 2017

Got the passenger side half shaft on....

French locks and all....Also got that side preliminary set for toe and camber. I put my new brake and clutch pedal pads on as well.


Sunday, March 12, 2017

It's getting closer....

Got one trailing arm part of the way back in....Hope to get the other side today after church. I decided against putting the spring back in till I have the arms back on.


Trim tag....

Turns out my black vette came from the factory with the rarest color pewter silver only 1372 were that color....It had standard black vinyl interior which has now been changed to leather...It was born approximately May 19th 1972. 


Tuesday, March 7, 2017

The spring is back together...

I did kinda have a hiccup with the bulk roll of liner material I bought off eBay....It was listed as 26'-6" and I needed right at 23 feet....When it came in it was only 19 feet long....I contacted the eBay seller and within 20 minutes he had refunded all my money and said to just keep the roll that he had made a mistake when he listed it. What a stand up guy... His eBay user name is coreycamaro.

I ended up having to reuse a couple of the old liners. I hope to get it back on tomorrow night....Just a reminder to anyone reading this and doing the same...Do not torque the spring to differential bolts till it's back on the ground.


Saturday, March 4, 2017

Got it back in...

And topped back off with fluid....It was 8-10 oz low so the leak was real bad.  It sure feels good to be putting it back together.