Friday, August 29, 2014

Large concrete pot design.....?

I have read a few post about making concrete pots and have decided to try my hand at making a large one for my juniper. This one will be 15” X 19” X 3 ¾” inside dims. Simple design and it will be very heavy but I do not move this juniper around much anyway. Below is the juniper in it’s training pot that has the bottom falling out of it and the design of the new concrete pot.  I’ll take pics of the process and post when I’m done.

Started working on it yesterday....Didn't get much done, finished up the form today....I'll pour it tomorrow.

Got it poured today...Took about 3/4 of the bag.....Now I just have to sit back and wait to see how it turns out.

I took it out tonight, just couldn't wait....The outside came off pretty easy, the inside form was stuck good. The bottom was made from just 1/4 lauan plywood and when I tried to push it out by the drains it just bent. I had to add 2X4 on the inside so I had something solid to pry on.

It's finished and waiting on the juniper....I stained the out side and plastic-dip coated the inside.


Sunday, August 24, 2014

Pic update----8/24/14

I didn't get any of the new azalea or the new juniper the kids got me from Florida...It's quite cute.  Here are pics of the bonsai and the work I did on the potting shed this weekend.

Sunday, August 17, 2014

Bonsai updated pics...Including my new Azalea.

The new Azalea is even putting on new growth.....I hope it makes it. The variegated boxwood I dug up from across the street is doing well. The Yaupon's are looking good as well.