Saturday, July 21, 2012

Part of the power block is back together....

Is was a tight fit but it all went back together quite nicely. I'll have to wait till I'm finished painting the compressor to put the bottle rack motor and the top fan on it. The machine now has a brand new 9 foot 14 ga. power cord.







Friday, July 20, 2012

Paint is finished....

It took less than full can to paint it....I should get the wiring and bottom fan back on tomorrow. Then it's time to clean the bottom of the box and get it ready for a coat of paint.






Thursday, July 19, 2012

Cleaning the bottom of the box....

I taped the upper box with a sheet of plastic before taking the pressure washer to the bottom....It's not near as rusty as I thought it would be.....Just alittle in the left rear corner and it's not bad at all....Now the question is...Do I spray paint is or brush it on.....Brushing would be cheaper and I could match the paint better....Not sure what it would cost to get the coke red matched and put in a spray can.





Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Bottom of the liner....

I have cleaned it with just about anything I can think of that wouldn't take the zinc finish off....It's still not as clean as I would like for it to be...I'm not really keen on the hammer-tone paint that I see sprayed on the high-end restor's.....I got some scrub pads and comet....?



Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Monday, July 16, 2012

Wiring is almost done....

I put all the wiring back on today and tested it out....Everything works as it should.  I'm gonna wait till I put the cooling unit back in teh machine before I zip tie the wiring nice and neat.






Sunday, July 15, 2012

Ready for paint....

I'll have to get a quart matched for the red....I gonna use the rest of the black as a primer.

Saturday, July 14, 2012

2 coats of red...

I think the color is gonna work out well....I held up the hinge against the bottom....It still a couple more coats of paint. Funny how the lights make it look orange in the middle pic.



Thursday, July 12, 2012

Painting is finished on the bottom....

The match is not as good now that I have all of it painted with 4 coats and the masking is off.....But it's still not bad for stock color off the shelf.  I think once the cooling unit goes back in it won't be as noticeable.






Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Just some finishing touches....

I cut down the rubber feet I bought for less than $3 at Lowes......Just a dab of 786 and they will be good to go.

















Got the bracket that holds down the compressor unit painted. Decided to go with the same red. I would like to get a white Coca-Cola sticker for it.


















The drain pipe had some rusted thru places in the top couple of inches.....So I got to thinking about how to fix it and came up with an idea of siliconing a smaller tube in the drain pipe. Now I wanted to make the connection to the drain pan water proof....So I cut the stem off a Briggs intake valve and heated it up with the heat gun....Pushed a small section of ice maker tube down on it to flare the end. This may be the best idea I have came up with yet on this build.





Tuesday, July 10, 2012

The box is ready for the cooling unit....

The drain is back in.....I put the 786 in the corners and sides of the bottom of the drain pan....Feet are finished and I replaced the bad clear covering on the door wiring. It was all brittle and cracked. I cut it off and replaced it with 2 layers of clear 1/2" heat shrink that I got at Fry's for $2.79  It looks like I'll end up with between $150 and $200 in it when I'm done.  Plans are to repaint the kitchen and turn it into a Coca-Cola kitchen and bring the machine up to the big house.






Before and after.....

Cooling unit is back in...Turned out nice. Now I just need to get the vend rack set up to vend cans instead of bottles....Once that is done and it's cleaned up and reinstalled it will be just about finished.

Before....





















After....


Monday, July 9, 2012

Vending unit disassembly....

I took a ton of pics....So I could figure out how to put it back together...