Monday, September 10, 2012

It cools....

When I bought this machine the guy told me the compressor didn't work....It was cheap so I didn't really care or ask too many questions about it.....Well tonight I put a new temporary wire on it in place of the brittle one that went to the compressor and fired it up....Started with the thermostat in the off position and it didn't kick the breaker.....So far so good....Turned it to cool and the bottom fan started right away and ran quite....I could here a hum....I did all this with the door open. In less than 5 minutes the top lines started to frost up so I closed the door....About 5 min later I opened the door and it was getting cool....So I unpluged it and it made the kind of boiling noise I have heard others on the soda-machine site talk about. By the way the end of the power cord looked this machine hasn't been pluged in for year and years....I hope all that was wrong was the brittle cord going to the compressor....At this point I plan on pulling the cooling unit out and replacing the fans and wiring and doing some cleaning. I'm guessing that since it started to get cold that the compressor is not shot....? It may be low on freon and over the years of sitting have moisture in the lines which I would need to have fixed but I think overall I will be able to get the unit in working order.....I hope my HVAC guy can install a fitting and check the freon if not I will need to take it to a guy that works on vending machines. I took a video of all this and will post sometime this weekend. Brian

No comments:

Post a Comment