Friday, April 13, 2018

Finally got my winter projects finished up....

Well close anyway....It took some trial and error to find valve seals that fit....I bought some adjustable ones that fit good...Time will tell if these will fix the smoking on start-up. I put a set of Fel-Pro 1628 valve cover gaskets on to replace the leaky cork gaskets that were on it. The old cover bolts were too short and finding longer ones was harder than I thought it would be. I needed 1/4-20 1 1/8" long flange bolts with 3/8 hex heads. I didn't want to use the serrated ones and most of them have a 9/16" flair dia....Well guess what I found that worked perfectly....? Good old Briggs 5hp side cover bolts.

Got the rubber fuel line replaced with the proper steel one....I didn't go with stainless and so far it doesn't leak....But I have only cranked the motor over to bring the gas back to the carb.



Brian

No comments:

Post a Comment