Monday, September 7, 2015

Maiden voyage and came home on a rollback.....?

Well it wasn't really it's first trip....I drove it about 25 miles right after I bought it....Then 75 miles home the next day....No problems.

The next 4 or 5 trips were only 5 or 6 mile test drives....No problems.

Finally got it ready for me and the lady to take it out for a nice drive....No problems on the way to the restaurant...15 miles or so. Fired right up for the return trip back home but about half way home it went dead as I pushed in the clutch at a red light.....Would not start back up....I may have patted the gas and flooded it but after taking the breather cover off it didn't smell like it was flooded.....Called for a wrecker and tried several times the next 20 min to crank it and no luck....Wrecker driver did a fantastic job loading and unloading it....After he dropped it in the driveway I got in it and held the pedal to the floor (wife's advice--damn I got a good one) it fired up....Lot's of what they said looked like black smoke and it was still smoking black a little when I backed it into the garage.

New temp gauge read 190 for the whole drive....At the red light when it wouldn't start it read 200. It has gas and I just changed the oil yesterday. I have not done any carb work including changing the fuel filter.

I must have had 10 different folks ask if they could help...I live in a good town.

It looked nice before we took off....It had its first bath today.







Brian

No comments:

Post a Comment