Saturday, November 15, 2014

BC dig......What a day.

Best part of today's ventures was the fact that my wife decided she wanted to tag along....Up until today she has showed pretty much no interest in bonsai.....We got a late start so we didn't get to the Smith-Gilbert Gardens till around 11:00...Sorry Dave I didn't get the grand tour or a handshake....I figured you were one of the 3 Dave's that were in the demo Rodney was giving.....I had already committed to showing up for the BC dig between 12 and 1 so we had to sneak out of the demo.....I'll post some pics we took st Smith-Gilbert in another thread.

The dig went well but like usual I broke a few tools. The 4X4 came in handy when at my wifes advise I decided to just finish the dig by pulling it out of the hole.  Vin you were right the trainer pot was not big enough.....I had to add a 2X4 for extra height. I cleaned up the the broken roots and with the help of my kid I got it potted up tonight...Thanx Devin for the help.

Here are the pics.....













Some daytime pics.....








1 comment:

  1. Hello Brian,

    Follow you from Bonsai nut. How is the tree doing as of today?

    ReplyDelete